This is a special article on an interview with Sandy, who is the owner of CCS. CCS is a commercial canopy and kitchen cleaning company in Melbourne, VIC, who provides various services such as kitchen cleaning, duct cleaning, kitchen equipment cleaning, and much more. In this interview, we go through some of the key questions when it comes to how to keep your restaurant’s kitchen cleaned.
So this would be beneficial for restaurant owners out there who are new to the industry and are looking for some tips from a professional
Without further ado, here are some of the recaps:
1. How long have you been in the kitchen cleaning industry, Sandy?
Not too long. I started CCS back in 2013, along with the help of my brother in Melbourne, who runs a very famous cleaning company, called Singhz Services. Initially, it was focused on providing only canopy cleaning and related services such as hood cleaning, filter cleaning, etc. You know, all this. Then as I was able to gather more people to build up the team, I then expanded the service to kitchen cleaning as well.
2. What are some of the difficulties in running a kitchen cleaning company, especially in Melbourne?
Initially, just like starting any business, you know, there were lots of difficulties. Money was tight and finding people to work with was quite difficult. But when I started, it was quite late actually. Melbourne is a very competitive place for any cleaning business. There already had been lots of well-known companies prior to when I started. So competing with them wasn’t easy at all. But you know, the main focus of our company has always been the work-quality at an affordable rate. So bit by bit, we were able to pull through and today, CCS is one of the well-known canopy cleaning companies in Melbourne.
3. Since The Adelphi Kitchen is a seafood restaurant, do you have any special cleaning tips for us, or any other seafood restaurants out there?
Sure. Actually, the cleaning work or the procedures to keep your restaurant cleaned is the same for all types of restaurants. It’s just that the level of work or maintenance is different, based on the restaurant’s type.
For seafood restaurants, I would say you guys won’t really require much of the cleaning, as most of the food you cook aren’t going to be oily or require too many of those so-called “greasy ingredients”, you know? With that being said, here are some of the things to keep your restaurant cleaned:
- Wash all your kitchen equipment and tools everyday, as soon as you’re free from the cooking work. This prevents the oil to build up, which can form hard crest on the equipment.
- Hire a cleaning company to perform the cleaning of your hood, filters, canopies regularly. I recommend at least once in every 3-4 months to prevent the formation of grease and grime.
- Talking about hiring a firm to clean your restaurant, make sure to look for the company’s track record of past clients. You never know how professional the company is, unless looking at their work.
4. So you mentioned about hiring a kitchen cleaning company. For any restaurant owners out there, who are kind of new to the industry and have no experience in this, how much should they be expecting to pay for the service?
Great question. So normally, what happens here is most of the companies, including us, will charge a flat rate, keeping in mind the hourly rate. So first, what they will do is they will have to assess the condition of your kitchen, and the amount of equipment, filters, canopies, etc. to determine the cost.
On an average, a good kitchen cleaning company would charge around $40 to $50, at least that’s what’s in Melbourne. So I recommend the restaurant owners to inspect the cost from various companies, and see what’s the average, and all.
5. Where can people find more about CCS?
Sure, so you can visit canopycleaningservices.com.au to learn more about our company and the services we offer. We also have a blog section for anyone looking for some DIY kitchen cleaning tips. If you’re in Melbourne, CCS is located at 4/85-89 Springvale road, Springvale, Victoria, 3171. Or call us at: 0480286224