If you’re considering moving out from your rented property, then you need to perform an end of lease cleaning or end of tenancy cleaning in order to ensure 100% bond back from your landlord.
There are 2 ways to approach this, i.e. to either hire a professional end of lease cleaning company to do the job for you or you do it yourself. In this article, we have curated the ultimate top end of lease cleaning checklist provided by Singhz, one of the most notorious end of lease cleaning companies in Melbourne to help you carry out the cleaning by yourself.
Without further ado, here are the 25 end of lease cleaning checklist for 2022
- Clean from top to bottom, from left to right.
- Remove cobwebs, cleaning of light fittings, power points and switches, and ceiling fans
- Remove all traces of pets if applicable
- Clean the cupboards
- Vacuum any upholstery
- Vacuum the carpets. Wash the carpets with hot water if necessary
- Clean the interior and exterior of the windows
- Clean the oven and range hood along with de-greasing the areas
- Clean the dishwasher inside and out, if applicable. Don’t forget to clean the rubber seals and filter.
- Wipe all the surfaces including the kitchen sink, cupboard, walls, etc.
- Clean and empty the sinkholes. Use mineral oil and a soft sponge to make your stainless-steel sink look like new.
- Clean the space behind the microwave, the fridge and gas stove.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces including the basins, walls, shower areas, and toilet.
- Mop and clean the bathroom tile grout. You can use paste of baking soda and vinegars to help deep clean the tile grout.
- Clean and wash the mirrors
- Clean the bathroom exhaust fans
- Sweep and mop the bedroom floor, along with hard-to-reach areas like under the bed, behind the closet, and desk mirrors.
- Wash the bed and pillow sheets
- Clean the curtains
Outside of The Property Cleaning
- Check for any scratches, rust, or marks on fences, gates, and borders.
- Clean and organize the garage and shed.
- Prune, weed, and cut down grass, plants, and trees.
- Maintain hedges and shrubs.
- Scrub and clean any paths, driveways, and patios.
- Fix any external lighting and decorations.
And that’s all for the end of lease cleaning checklist in 2022 that will help you thoroughly clean your rented property to ensure a 100% bond back from the landlord.